Our PMs at L4 are multi-talented and must be able to successfully lead the entire software development lifecycle including design, development, documentation, testing and acceptance. This role will work closely with L4 customers, L4 technology personnel and the L4 executive team. Must possess strong communication skills, be proactive, self-driven, and able to deliver high quality results in a fast paced environment.
The role will manage professional services deliveries to L4 customers and lead development tasks on a daily/weekly basis. The PM assures that customer expectations and development progress is carefully and diligently aligned.
Suitable candidates will have strong project management experience leading software development projects delivered to external customers. Acute attention to detail is required and an ability to effectively communicate to executive teams, customers and development teams.
- Translate the project Statement of Work to a well-defined project plan including scope/deliverable tracking tied with project budgeted hours, resource planning and schedule management.
- Plan and manage the customer-facing project activities.
- Plan and manage the work of technical team members to deliver the SOW commitment according to L4’s standard development process.
- Uphold L4’s established best practices, standards and processes during the life of the project, with the technical team and with the customer.
- Identify and mitigate the project’s issues and risks so that delivery work is productively moving forward.
- Track and manage the project budget and performance metrics.
- Execute responsibilities staying current with project management templates/tools, Dev/QA tracking tools, and cloud-based internal tools, as well as learning latest technologies applicable to delivery projects.
- Participate in continuous improvement of L4’s best practices, standards and processes.
Delivery Project Management Activities Include:
Project Startup / Ongoing
- Manage customer-facing project activities
- Define and manage the Project Schedule
- Communications: meetings, status/budget reports
- Dependencies, action items, issues, risks
- Reporting: status reports, budget reports
- Deliverables: documents, designs, builds
- SOW / issue escalation to Account Management
- Run weekly project meetings with customer team
- Run sprint demo meetings with customer
- Manage L4-internal delivery process - "Scrum Master"
- Manage sprint process
- Lead all sprint meetings
- Manage resource team members - onboarding, team issues, etc.
- Manage JIRA
- Manage daily blocking issues and needs
- Manage bug triages
- Coordinate builds with release notes
QA / Acceptance Testing
- Manage L4 “Hardening” and acceptance activities
- Build delivery/feedback coordination
- Triage meetings
- QA coverage and results
- Release Candidate delivery
- Customer acceptance closure
Qualifications / Knowledge to Include:
- Experienced in directly leading projects delivered to external customers
- 3+ years project management experience directly leading full cycle software development projects, preferably leading Agile development in Scrum Master role
- Ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to communicate with technical and non-technical team members
- Well versed in JIRA or similar tool
- Mobile application development project experience is a plus
- PMI certifications: PMP and/or PMI-ACP is a plus
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a technical field (e.g. computer science, engineering) preferred
L4 Digital is a leader in developing and delivering interactive applications for mobile phones, tablets and connected TVs. Our company offers the application development services necessary to build and manage engagement around a brand. We combine deep mobile engineering excellence with unique media insights to create turn-key mobile and media applications for many of today's top consumer brands, such as Everyday Health, Viacom, Sony Pictures Television, Universal Music, and more.
Being a member of the L4 team means working with a superior team living on the bleeding edge of mobile technology. It is an opportunity to immerse yourself in multiple platforms, solve new and exciting problems and work with well-known brands on apps that millions of people use.
Our company culture values getting the job done well over punching a clock and micromanaging our employees. We offer flexible work schedules, a great office space in Downtown and competitive pay and benefits.